Lean-to Roof Construction Plans & Details
Adding a lean-to roof to an existing building is a simple do-it-yourself project. You don't need to be an experienced builder, but having some common sense wouldn't hurt...
Leanto additions are very popular since they are easy to build and more cost effective compared to storage sheds or any other buildings.
On this page you'll find drawings and free PDF plans to build 8′ wide & 10′ wide lean-to overhangs.
When building lean-to addition, there are few things you need to keep in mind. You must consider the following:
- Design lean-to roof per your local building codes.
- Use right size of rafters and headers.
- Space rafters either 16" o.c. (for shingles) or 24" o.c. (for metal roofing).
- When attaching ledger board to an existing wall, install proper flashing when required.
- Place pressure treated posts in ground below frost line or on top of concrete piers.
Free Lean-to Roof PDF Plans
Please follow links provided below to open free detailed PDF plans for 8' wide and 10' wide lean-to overhangs. These plans also include list of materials needed to build a lean-to addition. Please use your judgment and common sense and go over the list to make sure everything looks good. We did our best.