Lean-to Roof Construction Plans & Details
Ready to build lean-to overhang? See few of our samples we have done and check out two FREE PDF Lean-to Plans below.
Adding a lean-to roof to an existing building is a simple
do-it-yourself project. You don't need to be an experienced builder, but
having some common sense wouldn't hurt...
Leanto additions are very popular since they are easy to build and more cost
effective compared to storage sheds or any other buildings.
On this page you'll find drawings and free PDF plans to build 8′ wide & 10′
wide lean-to overhangs.
When building lean-to addition, there are few
things you need to keep in mind. You must consider the following:
- Design lean-to roof per your local building codes.
- Use right size of rafters and headers.
- Space rafters either 16" o.c. (for shingles) or 24" o.c. (for
- When attaching ledger board to an existing wall, install
proper flashing when required.
- Place pressure treated posts in ground below frost line or on
top of concrete piers.
Please follow links provided below to open free detailed PDF plans for 8'
wide and 10' wide lean-to overhangs. These plans also include list of
materials needed to build a lean-to addition. Please use your judgment and
common sense and go over the list to make sure everything looks good. We
did our best.
8'x24' Lean-to Roof Plan
10'x24' Lean-to Roof Plan